GT task 1:You are looking for a part-time job. Write a letter to an employment agency

General training(GT) task 1:


You are looking for a part-time job. Write a letter to an employment agency. In your letter:
  • introduce yourself
  • explain what sort of job you would like
  • say what experience and skills you have
You should write at least 150 words.

model answer:
Dear Sir / Madam,
I am a student at present and I am studying for a Master’s degree in Information Technology here, at the punjabi University, where I have been for the last three months. I am looking for a part-time job and I wonder if you can help me.
Probably, I would like an office job, perhaps working as a secretary, office administrator or typist. I can only work during the afternoons and at weekends as my university studies occupy most of the day. I would be ready to start immediately. As you can see from Curriculum Vitae, I have a degree in computers from the University of Amritsar.
I am a competent typist and I am computer-literate. In addition, I speak English and punjabi fluently and I have been learning English for the past three years. While I studied for my degree, I worked as a part-time office manager for an import-export firm in Amritsar. In recent years, I have also had temporary summer job as a hotel receptionist in jow, patiala.
I am looking forward to hearing from you,
Your faithfully,
kamal
(184 words)

No comments: