GT task 1: You had a meal at a restaurant. You are not happy with the service. Write to the manager to complain about it.


General training(GT) task 1: #3 


You had a meal at a restaurant. You are not happy with the service. Write to the manager to complain about it. Give details about the problems and request some compensation or refund. 
You should write at least 150 words. You do not need to write any addresses.

What helped in that day?
why were you not like the meal?
how the services or behavior of workers are? 
Answer:
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am the person who receive your restaurant service. I regret to inform you that I was not at all satisfied with your service and terrible meal, I and my family members were offered at your restaurant last week.
As it was my mother's birthday, I wanted to arrange a very special meal for us. Your restaurant was recommended in the TripAdvisor website, so we were confident of a lovely evening. When we arrived, your waitress gave us an extremely unfriendly reception and made us wait without any explanation for twenty minutes. When we were finally seated, we had to wait another twenty minutes for our order to be taken. We both ordered fish and chips but mine was cold and my father's was burnt. chips with mushy peas and homemade tartar sauce the menu temptingly described, but the homemade tartar sauce came in Heinz plastic containers and the peas were not mushy peas either, no explanation or apology was given. We were extremely disappointed and complained at the time, but the waitress was very unhelpful and said there was nothing he could do.
I expect a full refund for the horrible meal served to me and my family. I trust this matter will receive your prompt attention or I will be forced to report the matter to the local council.
Yours faithfully
Reem
(218 words)

1 comment: